The Fremont Police division has launched a report on its use of a Tesla Mannequin S as a police patrol automobile, they usually mentioned the electrical automotive handed the check.
The electrical automotive has saved them $4,000 in gasoline value in a yr.
In 2018, Fremont’s police division purchased a used 2014 Tesla Mannequin S 85 for $61,478.50 (together with taxes and costs) to interchange a 2007 Dodge Charger that was being retired of their fleet.
Their aim was to show it right into a police patrol automotive to see if the electrical automotive suits the wants of a patrol automobile and lower gasoline prices.
It went via their common police patrol testing and was placed on the highway final yr.
After being on the highway for greater than a yr now, the Fremont police division has launched a full report on their expertise with the Mannequin S, which they deemed profitable.
Listed here are among the key findings from the report:
- Proved sustainable with zero-emissions, eliminating 42,198 lbs. of CO2 from Fremont air yearly
- Annual prices of vitality/gasoline and upkeep/restore was decreased by $2,147 vs. a gasoline Ford police pursuit automobile (PPV)
- Decreased the annual value of gasoline that will have been required for a conventional gas-powered police automobile by $4,097
- Remained in service 27 extra days than a traditional PPV, leading to a big discount in repairs, upkeep, and downtime
- The 265-mile vary of the Tesla simply accommodated the 40-70 mile vary that patrol automobiles drive on common per day
Right here’s a comparability between the Tesla Mannequin S and a Ford gas-powered police patrol automobile:
|Elements||2014 Tesla Mannequin S 85||Gasoline Ford PPV|
|Normal Tools Construct Price||$35,000*||$35,000|
|Modifications Above/Past Normal Tools Construct Price||$6,774.48*||$0|
|OEM Vary||265 miles (85kWh battery)||344 miles (18.6 tank cap)|
|Precise Annual Power/Avg. Annual Gasoline Price||$1,036
Price of vitality consumed
Calculated assuming $3.00 per gallon
|Avg. Annual Restore/Upkeep Price||$4,865||$2,915|
|Precise Annual Prices of Power/Avg. Gasoline and Upkeep/Restore Prices||$5,901||$8,048|
|Avg. Annual Upkeep Downtime||39.125 Days (10.72%)||66 days (17.98%)|
|Avg. Annual Operational
|Zero lbs.||42,198 lbs.|
*Some prices have been donated as a part of the Pilot Program.
Right here’s the report in full:
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. Extra.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for unique movies and subscribe to the podcast.
Let’s block adverts! (Why?)